FAQs and charges

Our Charges

We review our charges annually usually in April in line with Sunderland Social Services.


Current charges are as follows:-

Personal Care;
(help with getting out of or into bed, dressed, washed, bathed, meal preparation, toileting etc.)

Personal Care £16.72 per hour

Personal Care £12.54 for 45 mins

Personal Care £8.36 for 30 mins

Personal Care £4.18 for 15 mins

( a home support assistant to sleep in your home overnight – 8 hours) £91.47

Overnight Care – Rate negotiable dependant on individual needs.

Domestic Support; 
(help with housework, laundry, shopping)

Cost per hour £16.00

Our rates are subject to change. Please contact us for individual costings.


Which areas do you cover?

As the company grows the area we cover is increasing continuously. We currently provide care in Hetton-le-Hole, Houghton-le-Spring, Easington Lane, South Hetton, Penshaw, Fence Houses, Shiney Row, Philadelphia, Washington, and the surrounding areas. If your area is not listed, please call us and we will check the availability for care in your neighbourhood.

Can I choose the care worker I want?

We will select an appropriate Home Care Assistant to meet your care needs and one of our supervisors will introduce them to you. If they are not suitable however, we will strive to find a replacement as quickly as is practical.

How do I know you are competent people?

We have many years’ experience in providing home care support to a wide variety of customers with a broad range of requirements. All our employees attend regular training and are DBS checked.

We are inspected regularly by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) Check the CQC website for our latest report.

Hetton Home Care Services is currently rated as Good (please click here to read the full report)

How much will it cost?

On completion of our free assessment of your needs, we will advise you of the cost based on the level of service that you require. For more information on charges see our Rates for Care Page

Can I get financial support from Social Services?

You may qualify for support from your local social services department, so we would advise you contact them directly, if you require assistance with this please contact us.

How long can I get support for?

We are able to support you on a short, medium or long term basis, in line with your requirements.

What if I don’t like the person who visits me?

In the unlikely event that you do not get along with your Home Care Assistant, please contact us without delay so we can understand your issues and allocate a replacement.

What happens when your Home Care Assistant goes on holiday?

We will ensure that you will be introduced to an alternative carer who will be familiar with your needs.

How will my care be managed?

Your personal care programme will be managed by a Care Supervisor reporting to the Manager. After your person centred care plan is created with the support of your supervisor you can add to this any time you require. Our supervisors will review your care with you at regular intervals.

Contact Us

Contact us now!

Please feel free to contact us within working hours using information below. You can also submit your request via online form.